Tuesday, March 13, 2012

20 months!

Wow, so weird to say this because ever since I got pregnant this has been the milestone in my head - how old Gia would be when the baby was born. I remember in July when I found out I was pregnant, Gia had JUST turned 1. She was so little and so easy lol. People would always give me the side eye when I told them how far apart in age they would be, I always thought 'I can handle it, no biggie' then the past 2 months John and I were like OHHHHH that's what people were talking about lol. Luckily, the last few weeks with her have been amazing. She has been so much FUN to be around and the tantrums have been few and far between... Here are some new things she has been up to:

-talking SO much. seriously i think she has like 75 words or more if you include all of her animal sounds. my favorite she makes is an owl - she does a realllly good 'hoo hoo'
-naming everything! my fave is when she names me (mama) and herself (gg) so damn cute. she knows dada, sadie, mimi, melmo, minnie, daisy, big bird... i think that is it. some random ones here and there.
-is absolutely OBSESSED with the dog. to the point where it is weird, no just kidding. but every morning she wakes up its 'hi sadie' and sadie has to be everywhere she is, while eating, playing, etc. for a few weeks we had to bring her up for naps and bedtime, i am trying to phase that out though!
-she can do her puzzles that have pictures on the bottom, can kind of count to 10 when we count with her and same thing with the alphabet.
-she loves music. in the car i am always amazed how quickly she picks up on all the songs on the radio.
-has a mean throw!
-loves coloring and making everyone 'sit sit' with her at her little table.
-she is wearing size 2t in all tops and 18-24 in pants. she has a skinny little waist but is super LONG! her hair is finally growing but is in a kind of awkward stage, i am thinking in a month or so we will have to cut it to give it a little shape because it is kind of out of control.

I think that is it! I have been stressing about being later than i was with baby boy but seriously the past few days the weather has been amazing and i have had the best times with her. Here are a few pics I took of her before we went to the park the other day... love this little girl :)

Here is my 39 week bump pic - I never got to take one of these with Gia!
 I was trying to get a pic of her kissing my belly, she does it all.the.time and every time I try to take a picture, she won't - GRRRR!
 hugs... she melts my heart.
 being silly with her fave stuffed animal.
 cannot believe this is my BABY, she is completely a little girl now!
I love you SO much Gia, every day I cannot believe how lucky I am to have you. You are beautiful, smart, funny and so loving. I am so proud that you are my daughter!


No comments: