Thursday, March 29, 2012

John Vincenzo is here!!!


So, little man decided he was not leaving my belly on his own! So after I went to the doctor on Monday after my due date and I was 1-2 cm dilated she scheduled me for induction on Wednesday, I would be 40 weeks 4 days at that point. We got to the hospital at 8 am. By the time they put in the Cervadil it was 10 am. I did not know how long that was going to take, but my doc said she would be back at 6 to take it out and check me. I wasn’t supposed to eat anything, but the nurse let me have a small snack around 11 am. I was DYING. I snuck a piece of bread and half a nutri-grain bar at one point and ate like 4 jello’s since I was allowed that. They checked ne after taking out the cervadil at 8 pm and I was still 2 cm, UGH! They gave me an hour to clean up and walk around, I ate some more jello and juice and then they started the pitocin. I was doing ok for about 2 hours but the pain was getting kind of bad. They told me not to let it get out of control so they could manage it so I got some Nubain.  My doctor came back to check at 2 am. I think she thought I was going to be ready to go at that point. BUTTTTT I was still at 2 cm. I was getting upset but the only good thing was that the drugs were making it so that I was able to sleep, which made things a lot more bearable. 

So we continued the Pitocin and she would be back at 6 am to check. About 2 hours later the pain was bad even with the nubain so it was time for the epidural, yay! 4 am was epidural, at 5 am she broke my water.  8 am she came to check and I was only 3 cm., but I was 100% effaced.  I was starting to get really upset. I am thinking after all this I am going to need a c section.  So they took me off the pitocin for about 3 hours to give my body a break. At 11 they started it again, I was 4 cm but was starting to lose my mucous plug fast.  Right around 12 I started feeling crazy pressure, the epidural was not helping the pain and I told the nurse I have crazy pressure and feel like I need to PUSH! She grabbed my doctor who was about to go to lunch and she checked me, I was FULLY DILATED! YAYYYYYYY!!! I was so happy. Then I realized I still had to push him out lol. I got a boost of my epidural since I was feeling way too much pain and the thought of pushing through that was too much for me to deal with. The doctor let him come down some more and then at 1 I started to push.  Since I barely felt anything or remember any pain pushing with Gia, I was in for a surprise. This was HARD! Which of course seems silly, but damn I had to use all my strength and after not eating for like 24 hours it was hard. I guess I was doing pretty good because I progressed fairly quick. Once I got the hang out of it I just wanted him out! At  1:47 pm,  John Vincenzo entered the world. He was HUGE! My doctor was impressed because he was almost a full 2 pounds heavier than Gia, weighing 8 lbs 4 oz. He was well worth the wait and I am so so in love. I feel like my little family is complete and I truly could have never asked for anything more. 

Here are some pictures of our hospital stay and my beautiful baby boy :)

All ready to get my cervadil, not really aware it would be the longest day ever!

Mommy and Daddy to be, again!
 
 The tv I watched for hoursssss
 HE IS HERE! first time holding him!!!
 I was like wow he is a little chunker!
 cutting the cord
 Kissing him for the first time
 So in love
Seriously, the most indescribable feeling in the world.
 Big boy (well for me!)
 In the nursery

 Gia came to meet her brother, but she would have to wait till the next day...
 I was SO happy to see her, I missed her so so so much!
She is such a big girl now!
 Grandpa came to visit
 The next day, walking with my girl.
 Hi!
 Helping dada push her baby brother... and the cutest thing ever!



 Mimi and baby Jack
 Love her so much!
 Pointing at her brother


 I can't even with this pic, I love her more than anything.
 Baby boy
 Gia touching his 'hair'
 and his 'hat'
 Ready to go home!
 Love you baby j...
I am so so so blessed and cannot believe I am a mama of two amazing children. 

No comments: