Monday, April 9, 2012

first days at home

It is so different to have a second baby. I felt prepared for the sleepless nights, the painful first weeks of breastfeeding and the overall exhaustion but I was not prepared for having two babies because I obviously had no idea what to expect! I feel lucky because I was sooooo worried about how Gia would react and so far she has been great. There were a few instances where she would freak when I was feeding him (I don't blame her, it probably seemed like a very weird thing was going on lol) but besides that she really just wants to hug and kiss him and be where he is.  The hardest thing so far is not being able to just 'sleep when the baby sleeps'. For example in the morning Gia is probably going to be up at 7:30 regardless of if mama got any sleep or not. Thankfully she has been taking longer naps in the afternoon and I always try to get at least a 30 minute snooze in because otherwise getting through the rest of the day is tough!

We had my family come visit the Sunday after he was born. My brother Drew and his fiance Chelsea got to meet Jack and spend some time with Gia... I wish we all lived closer!!!

coloring with gia


 mimi and jack
 sadie and her bone
 gia and her grandpa
 grandparents!
 hanging with her baby bro

 awwww
 This was one morning I came in and found Gia laying with her brother. So cute!
 my little man <3


my little munch :)
 here she is giving him kisses
 I just have to remind her to be GENTLE!


No comments: