Sunday, September 1, 2013

Family Trip to Cape May!

We were really loving our beach time this year so we decided to get one more trip in before summer ended. I was looking around and since it was such short nbotice there weren't too many options. We were thinking of going back to the place we stayed 2 years ago in Ocean City, MD but it was booked. Then I thought of Cape May, I used to go there with my family when I was little and we always had fun. So I looked on Expedia and found a hotel with a suite style room that was available and we scooped it up. We headed down last Friday. It is a pretty long drive, when we got there we headed to the beach for a couple hours. It was pretty cloudy but hey it is still the beach right?

playing in the sand
 CHEEEEEESE faces


 eating watermelon and sand
 secret time
 at dinner, this was interesting. being forced to eat out with children is like a punishment of sorts
 thankfully there was a live singer and he was keeping them entertained and dancing


 awww
 my little guy
 so handsome :)
 Walking to get ice cream, I thought the sky looked cool
 My handsome hubby :)
 Crazy child with her ice cream, she was in dire need of bed time at this point!
 pretty sky!
 
 Walking to breakfast the next morning, it was a little chilly but sunny and pretty!



 gia wanted no pictures

 our hotel
 pretty beach



 love these old victorian houses
 cuties
 blurry but nice photo

 this car came by blasting music and they were so excited started dancing, they crack me up
 clapping




 gia and her buddy tiger who she brings everywhere lol

 trying to get them to pose, jack on the run lol
 awww

 over here guys
 lol


 finally some cute ones!


 hi fiving daddy

 hugs for mommy

daddy and g


 then we went back and got ready for the beach. it was crazy windy! i was so cold. but we saw dolphins for the second day in a row, so cool!
 of course i only had my phone so the pics suck but you can see their fins

hanging and having snacks
 lol this pic cracks me up

 jack was beyond cranky. he just needed to nap which he would never do on the beach so we didn't stay as long as i would have liked :(

 we headed back to the hotel and got some yummy drinks, smoothie for the kids and pina coladas for me and john
 the kids and john napped and mommy got a moment alone at the pool :)
 at dinner night #2!

 pretty morning, sad we have to leave.

 on the way home, all passed out!
So glad we got one more beach trip in. It was so weird to think next time we go to the beach Jack will be over 2 and Gia almost 4. I am in serious denial over these kids growing up. I am loving them right now and just want to freeze time! Hoping to make our family trip an every summer thing, we had a great time!


No comments: