Monday, May 17, 2010

lots of news!

I can't believe I haven't updated in 2 weeks, I have had so much going on with work, the end of the semester and of course getting ready for the baby!
We have gotten so much done these past couple weeks, painting is done (except for the closet which we need to do this week), the furniture was delivered on Tuesday and yesterday we had my shower and got so much stuff! Agh my head is spinning and I am starting to get a little anxious about everything. I know we still have plenty of time and I guess it's normal to feel this way but still, I am freaking out! Not to mention we have 2 other house projects, we are getting a new deck which they will start working on this week and we are redoing the paint and decor in our upstairs bathroom since we will be using it more now with the baby and all. So basically just a lot of things we want to get done before she is here and I am the type of person who can't relax till it's all done!
Now onto some pictures...  I will do them in order :) Here are my 30 week pics, I took them before we went out to dinner with John's mom (Mimi) for Mother's Day:
And here are some pics of the room after we finished painting... keep in mind it is still missing the black vinyl strip we put up this weekend.
Here it is with the furniture, I absolutely loveeee the furniture and can't wait to get the bedding and the valances to put up!
Here is a pic with the detail on the dresser, all the pieces have this design on them which i love.
These are the outlet covers I ordered from etsy.com, I think they are SO freaking cute and really help to tie in the whole damask theme. That website has the most amazing stuff, I wouldn't have been able to pull off this rooms theme without it, that's for sure!

Hopefully by this weekend we will have the bedding and the rug and can start putting it all together!
Like I said yesterday was my baby shower and it was amazing. I remember this feeling after my wedding shower, it's just an amazing feeling to have all these people come to celebrate with you and get you so much stuff! I can't believe how much we got and me and John just feel very lucky and loved! These are just a few pics that I got from my camera since I obviously didn't get to take too many pictures... I know my sister in law did and my friend Dawn so I will have to get the pics from them. Also included is my 31 week pics, you can see the black vinyl stripe we did on the wall behind me in those pics.
I played on photoshop for the last pic. I thought these were getting a little boring, lol.

Thanks again to everyone who came to my shower and/or sent gifts... this baby is already so spoiled!

No comments: