Sunday, July 22, 2012

2 Years Old!


I want to cry as I type this... I can't believe Gia is two. When she turned one, I wasn't too sad, she was still a little baby to me at that point. Now there is no denying she is a little GIRL. I love her more and more everyday, she is so fun and so smart and seeing her learn new things everyday is just so exciting!

Here is a little recap of what she can do now...
-TALKS!!! she does not stop! she can form 2-3 word sentences too. Like, Mama SIT! bird fly! Dady (jack) is here!
-Sings... her favorite songs are: Abc's, twinkle twinkle little star, ba ba black sheep, itsy bitsy spider, and happy birthday. She learns all these songs from dvd's and from us singing, it is so cute.
-Can count from 1-13
-She loves to dance! She makes me put on all my house music and she dances around the living room
-Plays 'I got you' where she runs around tickling you and vice versa
-Is SOOOOO helpful! She loves to help me empty the dishwasher, get the baby dressed, clean up and so many other things
-Loves her brother. I love that she calls him dady instead of baby, and she wants him everywhere she is. He looks at her now with the cutest eyes, like he just adores her. I can't take it! I hope they are close growing up!
-Loves to read books, color (she is actually pretty good!) and is awesome at playing with the ipod.

Having a toddler can be crazy hard some times (most times lol) they are either the most fun ever or the most difficult! I am trying hard to keep my patience and just enjoy this time, it is a blessing to have this perfect little girl and some days it is easy to overlook it. I was thinking about stuff tonight and remembered this picture hanging in my parents house, I googled and found it... I think it is just perfect for people with young kids:

Mother's Prayer
Give me patience when little hands
Tug at me with ceaseless, small demands.
Give me gentle words and smiling eyes,
To keep my lips from hasty, sharp replies.
Let not fatigue, confusion or noise
Obscure my vision of life's fleeting joys
So when in years to come my house is still,
Beautiful memories its rooms may fill.

Gia, I can't believe you are 2 years old! I can't even imagine my life before you were here. You make me smile everyday and brighten everyone's lives. We love you more than you will ever know!!!


1 comment:

nayrzil said...

I am almost in tears reading this. She really is a little girl now and looks adorable in these pics. You are such an amazing mom and giving her so many wonderful memories.
Love you girl....xoxo